Monday, January 3, 2011

What I made Monday!

Poor Wyatt. He doesn't seem to mind, but for the past couple months, he's been riding around in a pink car seat. He got too big for his infant car seat and so I brought Finley's extra out of Shannon's truck and into the car. It's pink. Real pink. With flowers. And gross. And old.

I've been meaning to make him a new cover, and I FINALLY got around to it- yea me! Yea, Wyatt! I used some scrap fabric and pieced together a cover using the original cover as a template. Working with minky is tricky, but it's oh so soft. Soooooooo soft. I used a cotton knit around the arms and sides because it has some give. I thought the green would big boy it up a little. The baby blue minky was kind of screaming baby.  I made a casing for elastic around the edges to help it stay on. What do you think?

  There some extra fabric at the arms, but I'm no seamstress- this was tricky, and again, no pattern. Not that it would have turned out better if I had a pattern (since I've never used one, I'm sure I would mess it up somehow), but I got tired, so this works :)

4 comments:

  1. yeah! wy-man is a BIG BOY! And he's got his very own personal big boy set. LOVE IT! you're so brave to try that. i think that's what holds me up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm ya, thanks for making it sound so very simple. I wish my brain worked like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, your brain DOES work like that! You both could totally do this. What made it super complicated was the screaming kids crawling all over me! Of course, if I didn't have said screaming kids, I wouldn't need to make a new car seat cover... Wyatt's favorite game is try to grab the scissors. while. i'm. using. them. Somebody's going to lose a finger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute! I did the same thing last summer and it took me FOREVER!! Good work!

    ReplyDelete