Friday, January 21, 2011

What I made Monday- Fabric covered journal and matching pens!


Hi  y'all! Welcome to "what I made Monday". On Friday. Cuz that's how I roll. I made it on Monday, or maybe it was Wednesday ("what I made Wednesday" still works) but things are chaotic pleasantly busy around here, so I'm just now getting around to posting. I had big plans of making a bunch of journals to send with the super lovely woman that leads our bible study on her trip to Russia, but, as always, I overestimated my ability to actually make it happen. But I made one! And hopefully I can make a few more before Monday. I can do it, right?? Yep, it's happening. Anyhoo- I picked up about 30 of these generic composition books back in September for 5 or 10 cents a piece after the back to school rush. My friend Jen, has a super cute fabric covered prayer journal, and I thought it would be a fantastic craft for MOPS, so I got a bunch. But now I'm not doing MOPS anymore, so I just have a ton of journals... I google image searched (you know I loooooooove google image searching- until it goes horribly, horribly wrong) fabric covered journals and found one that I really liked at By Small Means- she has a great tutorial that is super easy to follow. Of course I didn't have all the supplies, so I did it a little differently, but I think it turned out pretty cute.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's super cute! You may want to keep that one in your pocket for when Fin starts going to school. I bet she'd love some similar journal and book covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fin would be the coolest kid in class! I could just *so* see her in school with one of these, Meg!

    ReplyDelete