Monday, January 10, 2011

What I made Monday! Adorable Valentine door adornments. (Say that three times fast)


Oh, Christmas. So sad to see you go. This was the first year I've really been totally psyched about Christmas. And not like when I was a kid and I had a super special gift I was hoping for, and I just couldn't wait to see if Santa (err, Mom or Grandma and PopPop) came through, but just really enjoying the season. The music, the lights, the decorations, you know- the whole cannoli. When I took down the decorations and the tree this year, Finley was semi-hysterical. She lost it. And when I got to the outdoor decorations, I just stopped. I left the wreaths up on the windows and the doors. It was just too dang sad to take it all down at once. And then I decided it was just too dang sad to take it down at all. So I had to make something to replace them. Valentine's is up next, so that's what I made Monday. Okay, that's not completely true. It's more like What I finished Monday, but that doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
I've never been a wreath person, really. But our doors here are ugly. They need wreaths. It started in the fall with these:

I was searching online for cute wreaths and found a great tutorial with these rosettes. I loved them so much that I did something very similar for Christmas 




I wanted to do something a little different for Valentines. I had seen some great rag wreaths online and liked the whimsical look of them. They're super easy. Use a straw or styrofoam wreath form and cut strips of fabric, ribbon, and/or felt and tie. That's it. I added some bunting made out of paper and stitched together to read "Happy Valentine's". The "day" just didn't fit. I made an executive decision that it was unnecessary. Here's how my version turned out:

And the guy hanging from the wreath on the left- that's Cupid, stupid. hahahahahahahahhahaha, I'm hilarious.  


4 comments:

  1. Is that a "Marine" Cupid? Totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a highly trained, special ops sniper Cupid. The best there is. Click on the pick for a close up. You can see the determination in his eyes. Watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahhhahahahaha love them so much! Cupid is awesome. You are so going to be known in your neighborhood as the crazy wreath lady. ♥

    ReplyDelete