Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Beast is in the house!

This has been the longest project ever thanks to some very uncooperative weather, but I'm so relieved to finally say: The beast is in the house! Hoorah! So, for anyone who cares how it turned out, here she is-




Apparently I'm a horrible photographer, or this just isn't what you would call "heavy distressing" because you can hardly tell it's distressed unless you look at it close up. 
I pretty much love it. Wyatt and The Fin can't reach the tv- you know what that means?? NO MORE FINGERPRINTS ON THE TV!!!!! And... the drawers are childlockable. I'm superpsyched about this. This was my life before:
 Always open and a mess, thanks to this guy:
Our old tv stand was see-through, which I disliked, and Wyatt the great houdini kid could get into every type of child lock we tried on this thing. I'm pretty excited that I will be able to hide our dvds and equipment and that Wyatt won't be able to make such a mess. I'm also pretty excited that something this ugly:
could turn out this attractive:
YEA!!! 
Oh, and for those of you that inquired on facecrack- I don't know if I'm doing it right, but I've just been sanding the furniture down to get rid of the varnish (there is also varnish remover chemical for the more difficult finishes), prime it with a white primer (I used a rusty brown primer for the green tables), paint with the desired color, distress, and apply a satin polycoat.  

5 comments:

  1. The beast looks really really superand.... I'm trying really hard to not be envious that you have room for something like in the beast in your house. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have the same issues with our tv stand. You have inspired me to look for a "beast" of my own, although I might need some step-by-step instuctions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the distressing ~and yes, I CAN see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. The distressing looks great! I have a similar TV stand in my living room...check it our here :)
    http://jfamprojects.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete