Thursday, August 19, 2010

So... we're going to try blogging. In the words of my lovely friend, Kristin, "because I'm vain enough to think you care".

So, I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm not even going to pretend that I do. A few people have suggested I start a blog, so here it goes. This life I live is mine, I chose it, I'm making it what it is, but it's God's provision that has allowed the (insanely) crooked path of my past to lead me to my present place, which is here in Jacksonville, NC with my super awesome Marine husband, my ridiculously precocious and precious [almost] 3 year old daughter, my 8 month old son (the red-head with the gorgeous gap-toothed grin), and the most annoying wonderful dog ever, Maggie Moo.

God's grace is new and wonderful and overwhelming everyday, and thank him for that!! Because I need it. Every. Day. I'm loving the new friends he has provided for me in this crazy humid place, a true, physical, tangible expression of his love for me in the beautiful faces of my wonderful (and also nuts) friends, but I also miss my old friends. "Miss Megan" is leaving the country in a matter of days now, I think, and although I haven't seen her in months, haven't lived near her in over a year, this pains my heart. I know it's only England, but I feel like it's the farthest possible place in all the stars. She was my first real "grown up friend", that I didn't make because we worked together or went to school together, just met at the pediatrics clinic and became fast friends. She has been hugely influential in teaching me how to be a Christian, a mother, and a friend, and I try every day to be as open to everyone I meet as she was to me that day at Wilford Hall. Sob, sob. Real tears on the keyboard- someone remind me she's not dying, she's just moving overseas!!! Okay, anyhow- Megan got me into crafting and that's what a lot of you have been seeing lately.  I was crafty before I met her, but I hadn't noticed somehow.  She pointed it out to me. She asked me if I liked to "get crafty" I told her I didn't know. She asked if I ever made anything. I thought about it and then I said, "well, I made this car seat cover..." (leopard print car seat cover with red trim pictured below) and her eyes lit up and she told me just how crafty I was- who knew!?! I've been having a great time learning how to make new things ever since.
Car seat cover!
Me and Fin with "Miss Megan" and "Q"


1 comment:

  1. 1. The background decor of the blog is perfectly fitting for you.
    2. Try and post a picture with every blog post. Any pretty picture will do even if it has nothing to do with the blog. (this is just something I've gleaned from the ridiculous amount of blogs I read)
    3. You humble me, you make me laugh and you make me feel loved. I'm so glad I get to be your "first real grown up friend".
    4. I totally forgot about the carseat cover! I can't believe you didn't realize how insanely talented you are before that.
    5. Save your pennies after your ma's big day and come visit me. We won't go see any of the sights we'll just craft our hearts out.
    6. ♥

    ReplyDelete