Sunday, December 26, 2010

My definition of failure has changed.



Welcome to my house. Behind these doors is where my definition of failure has changed. Dramatically. It's true.

 Years ago- last year, even- I would have considered finishing Fin's Christmas stocking on the day AFTER Christmas a failure, but now not so much. Now I say: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Job well done. Way to go, Ryanne! You're a rock star. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a tad, but really, when I finished, instead of thinking, "ugh, finally. Sucks that I didn't finish 2 DAYS AGO!" I thought, "Awesome. Done and done!" Who cares if it didn't go up this year. I feel like having 2 small and demanding children and a puppy (I consider the older dog and husband to be a wee bit more self-sufficient) increases the level of difficulty of pretty much everything I do. So on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say to all you (what, 5 people??) reading that this stocking project is a level 2 in difficulty (and only a 2 because it requires the use of a sewing machine). Unless you have a child. Or a puppy. Or even worse, children AND puppies, then I'd say level of difficulty: 8.
But HOORAY for cute polka dot stockings with ruffle trim for my dear sweet daughter (deer- get it??)! For those of you that got one of my cheesy Christmas cards, I apologize for my overuse of this homophone.



5 comments:

  1. Oh How lovely! Those are adoreable! and I do love your use of DEER. Did you make the green one as well?

    Though kids change our timelines, you should totally be happy that you even did those stockings. I used to scrapbook all the time, but now making cards is easy for me and time allotted. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! LOVE it! I have a stocking I started for Maleigha ummmmm, well, before she was born. Currently, its at the top of my closet. AWesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cute! It's so worthy of the awesome sparkletastic stocking stuffers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my goal for the new year--adjust my definition of failure to reflect my current two kid status :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, y'all! I miss all of you! Melea, my friend Maghan has a daughter named Maleigha and I think of you every time I mispronounce her name, which is pretty much a weekly thing. At least. I've just started calling her Miss Leah, which is Finley's name for her <3

    ReplyDelete