Thursday, August 2, 2012

A VERY productive day...

It's been one year and 3 months since I posted anything here. We moved on base and so I was storing up pictures of all my projects and planning to post once we got settled and then the computer crashed :/ Devastating doesn't cover it. Didn't have back up. Stupid, stupid, stupid. So in addition to documents and family photos lost, all my projects were gone, also. So I just stopped blogging. But today I had a really really productive day. Dropped the kids off at playgroup at the CDC, ran a quick (and by quick I mean ridiculously slow because the heat is KILLING me) 3 miles, then met up with a friend doing the Couch to 5k program and did her workout with her, went straight to the garage and finished up two projects and started another, had a surprise visit from a friend, showered, finished another project, etc. Nothing ridonculous happened today (read: no dog barf, no trips to the hospital and the A/C functioned allll day!). All in all a fantastic day.

I wanted to share because it's just that exciting to have a productive day around here! Soooo, dusting off the old blog- maybe it will encourage me to DO more :)


I picked up this rocking chair at the Semper Fi Fund yard sale. Of course I forgot to take a before picture because I was just took excited that I actually had a minute to tackle the project.  It was brown before. Now it's pink. It's cuter pink. I swear.


 Isn't it sweet??

Here is a mirror I picked up the other day. It's about 4 feet tall and HEAVY! It was a varnished wood, I thought it would be great in a distressed green. Now who wants it?? I have no place in my teeny home for a 4 ft mirror. I'm contemplating the entry way over the table thingy, but it's bigger than the table and I think that might be weird... 



This picture I picked up yesterday. For $5!!! The lady actually looked at me like I was nuts when I brought it to the counter. Like WHY?!?!?!! I told her I was going to make a chalkboard out of it and she said "good luck with that" lol. 



In your face thrift store lady. It's awesome!!
 

And that's it for today and possibly this year. Happy Thursday!



3 comments:

  1. A. Wooohhoooooo! You're back! Wooooohhooooo!
    B. Please stay. Please post again soon. As in, not in a years time, but more like in 2 weeks time.
    C.I totally think you can expand the scope of your awesomeness blog to include ALL of your awesomeness- not just your crafty awesomeness. It could include your buy nothing new awesomeness, your spiritual learnings and growth awesomeness, your Google + research awesomeness, etc...
    D. You should find a place for that mirror in your house because it would so go.
    E. I ♥ all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you, Megan!!! I was kind of thinking of using this as my sharing board. That way I don't have to feel bad about sharing the things I want to shout from rooftops on Facebook (you know, since I've been told it's not the appropriate forum). The green mirror TOTALLY goes with my house, I just don't know where... :( The mirror fits size wise, but not style wise. So sad...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete